Cincinnati Recycles (the “Campaign”) is a data driven social change campaign to increase recycling participation, waste diversion, and improving the recycling service infrastructure to Cincinnati city residents.
The Campaign spent the past 18 months in different Cincinnati neighborhoods engaging individuals about their recycling habits, barriers, and what we can do to make recycling easier for them. The Campaign follows a process based approach and focuses on serving the needs of our audience. It establishes baselines to measure impacts on social change. Our previous reported analyses and improvement recommendations are available on request under Creative Commons Share-Alike license.
We are looking for motivated individuals with canvassing experiences and leadership skills to help us in our 2016 campaigns.
The campaigns are seasonal. Ideal candidates should be familiar with basic process improvement methods, have a background in psychology, marketing, or other related fields. Previous experiences in similar capacities are considered.
- Manage a team of individuals and door-to-door canvassing activities
- nstruct, demonstrate, observe, and motivate team using program methodology
- Work closing with team members to improve efficient and effectiveness
- Canvass-in-field and manage training when needed
- Manage paper work and data collection for every shift Perform other tasks as assigned
This is a temporary/seasonal employment on contracted basis. Pay depends on experience and is negotiable. Campaign pays a living wage above minimum wage standards to all our canvassers.
- Strong communication and motivational skills, work ethic, and desire to better the community are essential.
- Candidates must be able to work within a diverse team, have proven leadership ability, and excellent time management skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to take initiative are also good qualifications.
- Previous successful field or canvassing experience is a requirement for this position.
- Candidate must have own transportation and valid driver’s license and may be required to submit background screening and employability verifications.